Tamas' story


Tamas' story


I got sick sometime in my early 20’s.
I got sick with a disease that hadn’t have a cure, a medicine at the time. It wasn’t life-threatening in the short run but there was a chance if having it for decades.
It caused a minor shock at first, which is understandable since nobody wants to be sick, especially not with a disease that doesn’t have a cure for.
At the beginning I had a lot of thoughts crossing my mind, from the most negative to the most positive, from denial to acceptance.

I didn’t want to believe to start my life like this and my constant thought was: this cannot happen to me.
This phase took some time but luckily God didn’t let go of my hand and let me meet the best doctors and nurses.
During the overdue medical check-up the doctor opened a door, which was showing me a hopeful oppportunity. He talked to me about an experimental drug that might be worth trying and asked whether I wanted to give it a try.
My answer was: sure, no question, of course, I was all in.


At the end of the first year it turned out that the drug hadn’t worked, which felt bad but I knew whatever had happened, I would not give up so although I lost hope but luckily only for a short while.
I was recommended another experimental drug with different compounds and being asked the same question whether I was willing to give it a try.
Same answer: sure, of course no question, go for it.
Another year passed and at the the end same result, it hadn’t worked.
I didn’t loose faith, on the contrary, it had become stronger than before.
Than the third year came, a third option, a new chance.
The chance that finally brought the long-awaited success, the cure for my disease.

It happened many, many years ago and luckily everything has been fine since, I have been healthy.

I am feeling endless gratitude for the doctors and nurses who helped and supported me on this long journey. I will never forget them for being always kind and doing everything to help and heal me.
And what have I learned from this? First of all to give a try as long as things work out.

Since my recovery I have made a lot of mistakes, started many things and gave up on a lot of them. Out of laziness, weakness, peccability or simply because I was lacking interest in doing things. But I learnt that if something is really important and if I fail at first, I need to start it over and over again as long as there is success because one day I will succeed.




I believe everybody has a lucky story or a story that means a lot to them. Please feel free to share, it is more than welcome.

Take care and stay safe
Erika






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy stories

Lynn's story

Edit’s story